Learn more about Les Mills Classes!
Fitness gyms in Clearwater, FL are always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to help people improve their health through exercise and hard work. In recent years, many have been turning to Les Mills classes, which has proven itself to be revolutionary for thousands of fitness club members.
A lot of questions are asked about the various Les Mills classes that are available, so we thought it’d be a good idea to focus on some of them. Today, we’re going to take a bit of a “deep dive” into the Les Mills Body Pump classes by explaining what they are, how they operate, and the benefits to your workouts.
What Is Les Mills Body Pump?
Les Mills Body Pump is a one-hour workout program that involves the use of a barbell in a different way than most people are accustomed to. Instead of focusing on heavy weights, the session utilizes light weights and many reps. By the end of a single session, which features several different workout tracks, a person will have done approximately 800 total reps. Music factors heavily into the program, with faster beats being implemented as you become more advanced.
The Full Body Pump Workout Routine
The Les Mills Body Pump workout involves multiple stages that are always done in the same order. Here is a short breakdown of each step:
- Warm Up – You start with a simple warm up exercise to get your body prepared for the routine.
- Squat Track – This involves the heaviest weight for the session and the weight will build up more quickly than you probably think.
- Chest Track – Up to half of the weight will be dropped and you’ll use the bar and a step bench.
- Back Track – Depending on your skill level, you’ll either use the bar alone or the bar and a weight plate.
- Tricep Track – This may involve either dips and/or tricep push-ups and you’ll use either the bar or a plate.
- Bicep Track – If your blood isn’t pumping quite enough yet, five minutes of bicep curls will do the trick.
- Lunge Track – Many people start out using only their body weight and then move up from there.
- Shoulder Track – Since this involves small muscles, most people will start out at a low weight and then move up gradually.
- Core Track – With this final set, you’ll use the bench and/or plates to work on your core.
- Cool Down – After such an incredible workout, you’ve earned a refreshing cool-down period.
Benefits of the Body Pump Workout
The Les Mills Body Pump classes are an incredible program that will offer a different kind of workout than you may have experienced in the past. By concentrating on low weights and multiple reps, it won’t take long before you start seeing real results. Here are the primary benefits that you’ll receive from these particular classes
- Burn Calories — By the end of a session, you’ll burn up to 590 calories. Depending on your normal level of activity, this means that you’ll shed between one-fourth and one-third of your recommended caloric intake in a single hour.
- Increase Strength — As we’ve already said, muscle strength is a huge benefit of this program. Those who are looking to become stronger without bulking up will love the focus on repeated reps with the use of a low weight.
- Stronger Core — Having a strong core helps keep your internal organs protected in the event of an accident or external injury. These classes also strengthen your core muscles and will even improve your posture.
- Improve Flexibility — Tight muscles can cause back pain, a loss of range of motion, and other issues. Thanks to repeated use of your muscles, they’ll be loosened up and become more flexible.
- Better Body Definition — Everyone wants to have a better overall body definition, and this is a great way to make that happen. Its continued focus on multiple muscles will allow you to get toned while strengthening yourself.
Contact Fitness 360 for an Incredible Les Mills Body Pump Workout
At our Clearwater fitness center, Fitness 360 offers a wide variety of Les Mills classes to its workout community. To learn more about any of our classes or to ask about our personal training sessions, give us a call at (727) 797-5100 today to schedule a no-cost consultation. Become a member today and enjoy perks like 24/7 access to our gym, clean workout equipment, and more!