Get your summer body workout ready!
Summer is here! Do you want to get in shape for the season? If that is the case, it’s high time to try out a summer body workout that combines high intensity weight training and cardio to get your heart rate up. If you are still not sure about how you can achieve a summer beach body, keep reading to learn about the things you can do to get there.
Create a Baseline for Your Fitness Level
Start by establishing a baseline for your fitness level that includes exercises that assess the strength of your main muscles. You can count how many mountain climbers you can do, how many lunges you can perform in a minute, and how long you can maintain a plank. From here, set a target for yourself to beat those statistics in a month.
Knowing the specifics can help you create realistic fitness goals, track your progress, and stay motivated on the journey towards your beach body. If you are unsure about how to build your fitness regimen, you can visit a fitness center where qualified personal trainers will show you how to do your exercises safely and correctly. Following through your regimen will be essential to get your desired results.
Focus on Eating Healthy
While exercising is vital to losing weight, your diet will ultimately have a greater impact on your body. The greatest method of reshaping your body is to eat nutritious, fresh, and low-calorie foods. Try to consume enough protein, lipids, and complex carbohydrates. It will be best to avoid fast foods high in trans fats and added sugars.
If your goal is to lose weight, try to consume the majority of your calories before 3 p.m. People who consume most of their calories early in the day lose more weight than those who consume the same number of calories later in the day. In doing this, you can keep your dinners light and have your lunch around midday or early afternoon.
Build a Workout That Works for You
Strength exercises in your summer body workout promote bone health and build muscle mass when done two or more times per week regularly. Strengthening your muscles also helps you maintain a healthy weight by increasing your metabolic rate.
A strength training program can be structured in various ways, such as doing full body workouts or pairing particular muscle groups together. For people who are overweight or obese, high intensity interval training (HIIT) may be the most effective kind of exercise to burn fat.
Try these exercises in your summer body workout:
● Chest Press – To perform this upper body workout, lie flat on a bench with a shoulder-width grasp on a bar. Tense your muscles and plant your feet on the floor. Lower the bar until it reaches your chest, then violently press it back up.
● Back Squat – Hold a barbell over the back of your shoulders and stand tall. You need to bend your knees and squat down as low as you can while keeping your chest high and your entire body stiff. To get back up, push through your heels.
● Dumbbell Pull-over – You will lie flat on a bench with your arms straight and a dumbbell in each hand above your chest. Lower the weight behind your head slowly and steadily while keeping your arms straight, then return to the start position.
● Romanian Deadlift – Stand tall with your feet shoulder width apart and an overhand grip on a barbell. Hinge forward from the hips and lower the bar till you feel a stretch in your hamstrings with a tiny bend in your knees. Reverse the move back to the beginning.
● Incline Biceps Curl – Sit on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing front and elbows tucked close to your sides. Bend the dumbbells up to your shoulder height while keeping your elbows close to your body. Lower the weights after squeezing your biceps at the top.
Drink Enough Water
It is critical to stay hydrated every day to keep your body running smoothly. Water keeps your body cool and keeps your joints lubricated. It aids in the transportation of nutrients, which gives you energy and keeps you healthy. Hydration refers to drinking enough water before, during, and after activity. There is no one-size-fits-all formula for daily water intake, according to physicians.
To encourage you to drink more, you can make fruit-flavored water. Fresh fruits such as strawberries, lemons, berries, and oranges, can be added to your water. You can even add cucumber slices, chia seeds, and mint leaves for a refreshing flavor.
Do Not Forget to Stretch
Stretching may not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about obtaining a summer body. However, your quest can be severely hampered if you get injured along the way. Muscle flexibility diminishes as you age, and this can be hastened by activities like sports that abuse and overwork muscles through repetitive action. Overuse can lead to aches, pains, and injuries, so it is important to stretch from time to time.
Dynamic stretching has been demonstrated to aid muscles in preparing for the summer body workout. After you have finished cooling down, spend around five minutes performing static stretching, holding each stretch for roughly 30 seconds.
Prioritize Getting Enough Sleep
Even individuals who strive to live a healthy lifestyle often forget the benefits of a good night’s sleep. Sleep allows your body to recuperate, repair and rebuild the muscles that have been used during activity. Getting adequate sleep will not only provide you more energy and strength for your workout, but it will also improve your concentration, mood, and focus.
Achieve Your Summer Body Goals With Us Today
To achieve the finest outcomes, you will need to be dedicated and focused. Celebrate your progress with every summer body workout you complete and change your fitness goals accordingly each time you repeat your assessment. Start with Fitness 360 in Palm Harbor or Trinity today, and we will be by your side while you discover the full potential of your body. Call us at (727) 797-5100.