Best muscle groups to focus on in each work out.
Building muscle takes time, dedication, and effort. It also takes a reasonable amount of knowledge in terms of which techniques will be the most effective depending on what your overall goals happen to be.
One thing trainers focus on is the importance of working out certain muscle groups. Today, we’re going to discuss the best muscle groups to work out together and give you some tips on how to enhance each of your exercising sessions.
Why You Should Focus on Muscle Groups
Focusing on one muscle group at a time will activate multiple muscle fibers, meaning that you’ll be working out several muscles at once. When performing a bench press, for instance, you’re primarily working out your chest muscles, but your shoulders and triceps are being used, too. It’s also important to note when you work out two muscle groups in a single training session, you’ll use up energy more quickly and put a greater strain on your nervous system.
Best Muscle Groups to Work Out Together
By concentrating on a different muscle group each day, every workout will be more effective in building muscle and strength. The question is, what are the best muscle groups to work out together? Perhaps you’ve heard this information before, but in case you haven’t or need a refresher, here are the three most effective muscle groups:
- Chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Back, biceps, and abs
- Hamstrings, quadriceps, butt, and calves
Quick Workout Tips to Maximize Results
Concentrating on one muscle group at a time is very effective in gaining muscle, but there’s obviously a lot more to it than that. To help you get the most out of every workout, we’ve compiled some quick tips to maximize your results:
- Join a Fitness Club — The use of fitness clubs will help you stay focused and motivated. You’ll be given access to reliable equipment, workout classes, and effective trainers. Being a part of a gym’s workout community will help you reach your fitness and health goals more quickly.
- Eat Healthy Fats — Maintaining a good diet must always be a part of your workout routine. Eat healthy fats such as an avocado, nut butter, or coconut oil. Healthy fats also make great snacks, which will help curb your cravings.
- Add Extra Cardio — Building muscle is great, but we’re guessing that many people also want to slim down and remove some extra jiggle from your step. Cardio will stimulate your metabolism to help you get trim while bulking up.
- Drink Plenty of Water — It’s important for you to stay hydrated so that your body can effectively build muscle. Feel free to put a little zing into it by adding sliced cucumbers, oranges, limes, or mint. You’ll get a little taste variety while also adding some extra vitamins and minerals into the mix.
- Get Some Extra Sleep — Your body builds muscle as you sleep, which means it’s important for you to get enough rest each day. If you’re short on sleep, go to bed a little earlier or wake up a little later. Plus, you’ll feel more rested and be ready to take on harder workouts sooner.
- Reduce Refined Sugars — Everyone knows that refined sugars are tasty, but they also cause an imbalance in your system that makes building muscle more difficult. A common culprit is the high-fructose corn syrup found in soft drinks. Cut down on their intake as much as you can.
- Focus on Your Posture — Maintaining your posture is something that many people struggle with. Since proper posture can help strengthen your muscles, it’s something that you should concentrate on period
- Hire a Personal Trainer — Hiring a personal trainer will help you stay focused on your workout routines. With personal training comes years of experience and the knowledge necessary to create realistic fitness goals. They’ll know exactly how to get the most out of each muscle group.
Contact Fitness 360 for Help with the Best Muscle Groups to Work Out Together
As the most reputable Palm Harbor fitness center, Fitness 360 can help you focus on the best muscle groups to work out together and provide you with all the equipment and know-how that you need. If you have any questions about our gym or any of our workout programs, give us a call at (727) 797-5100 today to schedule a no-cost consultation. Members enjoy fantastic benefits, including 24/7 access to our workout centers, smoothies, and more!